The practice provides appointments with the GPs, nurse practitioners, nurses and other health or social care professionals. All appointments are bookable on the basis of one patient one problem per appointment; multiple problems may require more time and you will need to request a double appointment for this.
Request an appointment by visiting our Consulting Room.
The benefits of accessing in this way are:
- Access 24 hours a day
- Requests will be received and responded to quickly
- We can appoint you with the correct clinician for your problem
- GPs can handle workload more efficiently and release time to see patients
- Tests can be arranged prior to your appointment to make the most of your consultation
- Patients with complex health care needs can have longer appointments.
- Improves continuity for patients with their own GPs
- Enables receptionists to help patients in the surgery and those without the internet
Although you may book an appointment with either a GP or nurse practitioner, we may sometimes change the appointment as it may not be with the most appropriate clinician.
Each doctor has appointments that may be requested up to 4 weeks in advance. These appointments do tend to get booked quickly. They are primarily for ongoing issues and consultations regarding your treatment.
To request an appointment, please visit our Consulting Room.
Please note, appointments for our patients are currently being offered on Saturday and Sunday mornings at Bridge Road Surgery. You will be seen by a member of the clinical team in the Bridge Road Surgery main building.
Online Services Appointments
Appointments can be viewed, made or cancelled using our online services, SystmOnline. Patients can register for this service online and then come into the practice to provide ID in order to complete the registration.
Lateness and Cancellations
If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment so we can give the time to someone else.
We have a strict policy for when patients do not attend their appointment and do not inform us about cancelling beforehand. If you do not inform us when you cancel an appointment three times within a 12 month period, you may be asked to leave the practice and register with another surgery.